From The Hidden Wiki
Welcome to Onionland's Museum. Here you will find links to articles about the Onionland and it's torizens.
- Nucleus marketplace, the second largest darkmarket, goes offline. Exit scam presumed but no coins removed from the sites wallets.
- Playpen bust sees an unknown exploit effectively de-anon specific Tor users.
- Satoshi Nakamoto, the mysterious creator of Bitcoin, is supposedly identified as an Australian businessman. The Bitcoin price makes gains in response to the news.
- Agora temporarily suspends trading over Tor security concerns.
- Mr Nice Guy sells his market, which is renamed as Doctor Drugs.
- Blackbank becomes an exit scam.
- This hidden wiki hits 10 million visits.
- The K-Man is back after a long absence. Visitors say the new website is, quote, less for Tumbores, more for Outlanders.
- Onion marketplaces experience strong DDoS attacks. The involvement of the owner of Mr. Nice Guy Marketplace is proved by a group of hackers and later confirmed in an interview, where he admits to paying a hacker to DDOS his competitors. Niceguy apologized.
- The SIGAINT email serve is targeted by 70 bad nodes in an attempt to preform a Man In The Middle attack between SIGAINT.org and their onion website.
- Evolution becomes an exit scam, with the site owners Verto and Kimble eloping with millions.
- The official Facebook sets up an onion domain, is viewed with much suspicion.
- Hidden Answers, a Q and A site, launches.
- Galaxy2 opens, effectively reviving the old Galaxy social network.
- BlackBook, a Facebook-like social networking Tor hidden service, is established and grows to over 50,000 accounts.
- The Hidden Wiki is hacked
- The Silk Road 3.0 opens up under the name Green Road, after the Silk Road 2.0 is seized.
- Galaxy, a dark web social network with over 30,000 registered members, suddenly disappears, amid plans to launch Operation Mercury to hack pedo sites.
- Ulbricht pleads "not guilty" in a Manhattan court to all charges that he created and managed the Silk Road.
- Evolution marketplace is launched
- The Hub, a forum for darknet marketplace users is launched by Alfred.
- The FBI seizes over 25-35 .onion websites in Operation Onymous, including Hydra, and Silk Road 2.0. The FBI seized over 1 million in bitcoins and made 17 arrests.
- The Hidden Wiki - The new Hidden Wiki is made under the agreement that all cp is removed.
- Doxbin hacked the kpvz Hidden Wiki and held the private key hostage. The private key was later leaked to limit the damage Doxbin could do.
- Torchat goes down.
- 7axxn, likely the largest child por site on the internet is established.
- Agora, likely the largest arknet market on the deep web post-Silk Road is launched.
- Sheep Marketplace shuts down
- Onion Wiki - Onion Wiki is the new website for Cleaned Hidden Wiki
- Bitmixer a secure Bitcoin high volume Bitcoin Mixer is created
- Arrest of Dread Pirate Roberts.
- DPR orders a hit on Tony76
- Sheep Marketplace opens
- Vendor googleyed1 says his account has been hacked and accuses one of Silk Road staff to have stolen all his coins and changed his password.According to googleyed1 the same incident happened to several "Top Vendors"
- Arrests of Curtis Clark Green for cocaine possession
- Operation DarkNet - Pedophilia forums were hacked by Hacker's BR Group, had their contents deleted passwords and broadcast around the world.
- RedditTor opens for the new year
- Liberty's hackers start to hosting some services in onionland
- DPR uses for the 1st time GnuPG v2.0.17 (MingW32) to sign a message
- Silk Road is down again and there are people claiming the responsability for the downtime and making threats
- DPR announces an explosive growth of the SR user base.
- Silk Road's weapon armory is closed.
- DPR announces redesign of Silk Road
- In November-December, a rather nice amount of new non-CP imageboards are created. Tor becomes more active as a few clearnet communities hear about it.
- In August Dutch police target Hard Candy sites
- On October 18th, Operation DarkNet begins. Hidden Wiki is DoSed and Freedom Hosting targeted.
- Sometime in late 2011, Torbook opens its doors. This is an introduction to an anonymous social network on Tor; one of the first successful attempts of its kind. NOTE Torbook moves to FreedomHosting
- Agents from US Immigration and Customs Enforcement's Homeland Security Investigations formed the "Marco Polo" task force to target Silk Road and its administrators and will eventually make over 100 individual undercover purchases from Silk Road vendors.
- Silk Road wiki is created, with Chronicpain acting as administrator.
- The global moderators of Silk Road are listed as Kind Bud, joeblow2, nom0Bad bloodbath, DigitalAlch, and chronicpain.
- Bitcointalk forum is hacked by Cosby Coin.
- Silk Road announces new global moderators - bloodbath, DigitalAlch, and Chronicpain.
- Mt.Gox Bitcoin exchanged hacked, 61019 accounts leaked (username, email address, hash).
- Hector Xavier Monsegur aka Sabu ,the notorious hacker and leader of Lulzsec, is silently arrested by federal agents and agreed to become an informant for the FBI.
- Black Market Reloaded, an early Silk Road competitor is launched by backopy.
- Silk Road420.wordpress.com is created. It functioned as a clearnet site that gave instructions on how to access Silk Road via Tor.
- Silk Road, the first darknet drug market of its kind, is created. It's earliest known address was http://tydgccykixpbu6uz.onion
- The Love Zone hidden service,the longest running child porn site on the deep web ,is established
- On October 22nd, Onionforum goes offline.
- In January, Jamon launches talk.masked.
- The Hidden wiki at http://kpvz7ki2v5agwt35.onion. was launched by ion and became the most commonly used Hidden Wiki until it was hacked and the private key was posted publicly, making it possible for anyone to steal the .onion domain.
- In July Matt's Hidden Wiki goes down, probably for the last time.
- In January, ion creates a mirror of The Hidden Wiki, at that time hosted by Matt. (http://kpvz7ki2v5agwt35.onion/)
- In September, CVV,DUMPS,PAYPAL one of Tor's oldest services was created. (http://2y4m4tqlgsnc7z3f.onion/)
- In October, Matt creates The Hidden Wiki (was this http://mihfrbaf562yakt2.onion/wiki/ ?)
- In August, Mixie's services launched.
- In July, Jamon relaunches masked.name
- In July, Matt launches rock.onion talks.
- In November, prof7bit releases the first version of TorChat
- In July, Jamon launches core.onion talks.
- The Hidden Wiki is relaunched at the url oldd6th4cr5spio4.onion., by someone under the alias Matt, went down May 2009.
- In June, new hidden wiki http://hy2644uxnz6zwt6c.onion/hidden/ starts up; in August it's down.
- In June 2007, long-running hidden wiki http://6sxoyfb3h2nvok2d.onion/ goes down.and only shows the following message: The hidden wiki is gone. If you set up a new one and post the link to the or-talk list ,i'll link it from here
- The Hidden Wiki hidden service is established at http://6sxoyfb3h2nvok2d.onion., the earliest known address for the infamous directory.
- The anarchist news site Notes from the Underground goes offline.
- In June, Legith creates Onionforum.
- In June, Legoiv writes the first spider for hidden sites.
- In May, Tor reaches 100 nodes.